Tuesday, March 07, 2006

ChapStick Lip Moisturizer

I’m considering my use of ChapStick’s Lip Moisturizer old school. The first, and probably only, lip balm I used while growing up has most definitely stood up to the test of time. And I bet they didn’t change a thing.

Recently I have been alternating between another stick and this ChapStick as my jean pocket standby. The reason for the alternation is because the other stick has a sunnier smell. What the hell does that mean? I don’t know but it makes me think spring (totally lame, I know). I will be reviewing this other stick in an upcoming post, prepare yourself.

Price: $1.99 per tube, from drugstore.com. I got a 3 pack for Christmas, so my cost was zero. So yeah, the price works for me. But, if it did come down to it, I would totally buy a tube of this for $1.99.

Glide: Superb gliding. I’ve used the figure skater metaphor, now let’s go for birds. This stick glides like a red-breasted robin on the first spring day. If that made no sense, what I mean is that this shit glides fantastically. And, if you keep it warm in your jeans all day, look out, the gliding gets that much better.

Flavor/ Smell: No flavor, no smell. This can be good, but it can also get boring – which is why I alternate. Sometimes I just really need an artificial fruit smell on my lips.

Lasting Power: Not sure exactly how long it lasts, but it’s a decent amount of time. Decent may mean different things to those afflicted with chapstick addiction – my definition of decent is at least 30 minutes.

Appearance: A nice blue tube to match my nice blue jeans. That’s really what it all comes down to, how well I can match a tube of chapstick to my jeans.

Product Plusses: SPF 15 & aloe.

Do yourself a favor and get some of this. It works, it’s clean, and you won’t smell like a bitch after using it.

4.75 out of 5 tubes

5 Comments:

Blogger ZenDenizen said...

I love the cooling peppermint variation of this...

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i consider this moisturizer stuff gross, becasue i bought it as u described it, expecting it to be magical. but it smells really weird like somthing sort of dollar store plastic toy, and it glides well but feels exactly like hard vaseline...and if i apply it at night, i can still feel it when i wake up the next morning...and my lip doesn't even feel moistrized eight just dry and sticky! i only bought it cuz my burt bee doesn't have SPF and it's summer...
however i love ur blogg!!!! and if i can find them i would always try other balms!

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The vanilla mint chapstick moisturizer flavor is really good. Perfect gliding and the moisture lasts a long time

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Andrea said...

I can't stand this stuff. It's waxy, less moisturizing than normal cherry chapstick and has no lasting power. It's not even remotely shiny, and I'm okay with that if your lips actually look like moisturized or soft or somethin'(Burt's Bees), but this is NOTHING. Seriously.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Shubham Moghe said...

Lip Balm and Chapsticks are always needed to successfully carry out the right treatment for lip concerns.

Best Lip Balm for Chapped Lips

3:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home