Thursday, February 26, 2009

Guest Post! Avalon Organics Soothing Lip Balm

We have a slew of guest posts on backlog (apologies to those of you who've been waiting forever for us to get our act together- Ed.), so expect a lot of them in the next few weeks. Today we're putting up a second guest post from Becky, who you may remember from such guest posts as Einstein Lip Theory Hydrating Cream. She was not impressed at the time. What will she have to say about Avalon Organics? Put it on the line, Becky!

"Being 16 years old, I have nothing better to spend my money on than a tube of sweet balm every time I visit the drug store. And although I had seven tubes of the stuff on their way from Ebay (yeah, my addiction knows no limit), once I saw this beauty I knew it had to be mine."

Price: I live in Canada, and it was $3.99 ($2.86-$4.95 online- Ed.). But this is a GINORMOUS tube (.25 oz or 7 grams), so you're getting a lot.

Appearance: Really eye-catching, which is what attracted me to it. I guess the only downside is that it's so big and doesn't fit in tight jeans pockets so well.

Glide: Absolutely heavenly. Not greasy, and very fragrant the minute you pop the lid.

Flavor/Smell: It doesn't taste like anything, but it smells like oranges (there's lots of Vitamin C in this one). Mmmmm.

Lasting Power: A while. I haven't yet let it dry out completely on my lips, since I'm always pulling out a tube and smearing it on as reflexively as I blink. Hah.

Product Pluses: Big=long-lasting. Pretty. Colorless on lips. Uncommon, which is always trendy. And the label says it has 'antioxidant protection', so that's gotta be good, whatever that means. AND the rotating part (the part that raises the actual balm) is at the top instead of the bottom. Neat-o.

4.5 out of 5 tubes, because my mom always says nothing is perfect.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Carter said...

Thank you for writing this post on lip balm. Looking forward to read more.
Lip Balms Wholesale

4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home