Sunday, June 25, 2006

Liprageous. Blue Raspberry.

In my collection of emergency chapsticks lies a bright blue tube of Liprageous in blue raspberry. I took this stick out with me today to see how it could handle the environs on New York City.

Intrigued? Here's how Liprageous did:

Price: About $2.50 for the stick.

Appearance: I'd consider the look of this stick to be middle-school. Maybe even elementary. At least something that's outgrown by the time you're 15, and then rediscovered when you're trying to be cutesy. The color of the chapstick itself is deep blue. Like Patrick Swayze's eyes? They've gotta be blue.

Glide: A bit rough. Now, I may have come across a defective tube, but my chapstick refuses to peek out the top of the container. It's portraying a shy turtle-like characteristic. So, when applied the top of the tube rubs the lips, along with the chapstick.

Flavor/ Smell: I really like candy, sugary sweet candy. Anything that can rot my teeth, I love. On a kayaking trip I became so sugar deprived that I licked my fingers and dipped then in the lemonade powder, to replicate fun-dip. This stick smells like pure sugar. But, I've always been dubious of "blue-raspberry", because I have never seen a blue raspberry. It's a flavor that wasn't around for my whole life, it appeared in various forms, at my local Lil' Peach, around the time I turned 13. That being said over the past decade the blue-raz flavor has found a place in my heart. And I like that it usually turns my tongue and teeth blue. So now - I can wholeheartedly say that at this point in my life, I am a big fan of the flavor and smell of the Liprageous blue raspberry chapstick.

Lasting Power: Decent. Keeps lips moist for about an hour, and every sugar freak around you will want to kiss you.

Product Plusses: The tube's juvenile appearance can make folks smile and can create an instant bond with any young lady that you may be in contact with.

Overall, it's a fun smelly stick for fun smelly days. If you're not having a smelly fun day - leave it at home.

3.75 out of 5 tubes.

yeah!

4 Comments:

Blogger Changeit said...

can you send me some of that dip?

8:15 PM  
Blogger scrappy said...

totally.

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

does anyone know a store where i can still buy the tin lip balms ?

thanks

1:17 PM  
Blogger Diane Phillips said...

I am going to try these out with my little niece...
Lip rescue

1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home