Monday, April 06, 2009

Blamtastic! Lip Balms

Remember the adorable sisters, Lily and Melanie, we wrote about who started their own lip balm business called Blamtastic? Well, they tracked us down and sent us some samples of their tween-riffic balms, and we have pretty much only good things to say. I mean, I think we're only allowed to say good things: not only are they not even teenagers yet, but they run a business, and that's so much more than I can say for myself.

Price: $2.99 each.

Appearance: Bright and cheerful with a middle school vibe. I love the Boys vs. Girls selling point: girls obviously like purple and pink and flowers and boys are way more into black and green and aliens. I mean, these girls get it.

Glide: Very nice. Light, smooth, effortless and neither sticky nor waxy.

Flavor/Smell: There are so many varieties! I tried Lemon-Liscious, Sassafrassy Root Beer, Cherry Nilla, Green Apple and Sour Cherry. Lemon-liscious smells and tastes EXACTLY like Lemonheads candy (which, in my opinion, is a thousand times better than actual lemons). I found the Sassafrassy far too sweet- anomalously so, in fact, because the other flavors were just pleasantly sweet; I had to wipe it off even though I really enjoyed how it smelled. You will lick these off your lips because they are tasty. I would probably have just eaten them with a tiny spoon in middle school when I went through my voracious sweet tooth phase.

Lasting Power: Two hours at least. They instantly soften your lips and keep them that way.

Product Pluses: SPF 15, no petroleum or parabens. And they come with candy! I got Pop Rocks and jellybeans. Made my day.

I could easily see these being flashed at the Nickolodeon Kids Awards. I certainly hope they get picked up by the big retailers. The gift boxes are adorable as are their lip balm sleeves, which can clip to anything. Blamtastic also makes cute party favors- check out their well put-together site. I think these are the perfect balms for kids, and I'll be keeping my Lemon-Liscious close-by for when I need a nostalgia break.

4.5 out of 5 tubes.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha. the rootbeer one looks good. =]

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home