Thursday, January 15, 2009

Guest Post! Perfumeria Gal Madrid- Apple

Today's poster is Eva, who brings us a review of a boutique balm. If you like vintage posters of naked French ladies on bikes and monkeys drinking absinthe, you'll probably dig the art nouveau slash vintage aesthetic of the Madrid-based company Perfumeria Gal and their fragranced, tinned lip balms. How about it, Eva?

Hey I'm Eva, I live in L.A., and I like Pinkberry and Chapstick. I picked this up at Abbot Kinney, this very upscale shopping street right by my house. I went through every store on that street, and this was the only thing I could afford. I loved it so much, I eventually picked up the whole set. It comes in orange, tropical, violet, strawberry, and my personal favorite- apple.

Price: I got this for around $3.00 (up to $6.00 online-Ed.).

Appearance: Awesome! All of these tins have pictures of these lovely women on them, and they all have cool designs around the sides. I love balms that catch my eye, you won't ever see me carrying a drab tube around (my only exception is Lipsmackers Vanilla, because it smells so good).

Glide:
Its very sticky, and has lots of shine to it. It glides on a little too well, because it is a pot based balm. Whenever I apply, I have to have a napkin nearby because so much always ends up on my finger. This means I pretty much can't bring it anywhere- I only apply at home.

Flavor/Smell: It has a very strong scent of apples, but if you accidentally eat some of it you won't taste anything at all. I like this in a balm, because when one tastes good I'm tempted to eat it, and that's just nasty. Anyway, the actual balm is bright green to match its cover. All of the pots have exotic coloring.

Lasting Power: I don't really know, because this stuff smells so good I reapply it every five minutes :-D

Product Pluses/Minuses: Well, this is a petroleum-based balm. I'm not sure if this is a plus or a minus- I don't personally mind. The only thing I really can't stand about this balm is that it gets all over my fingers.

3.5 out of 5 tubes. I just can't get over the sticky fingers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss Alice said...

I have five of these balms. They're not very good (the strawberry is absolutely HORRENDOUS) but I LOVE the tins. (:
Petroleum-based balm is bad I think. It drys out your lips more or something..

3:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the purple balm, with the green tin. it smells like parma violets. yum.

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home