Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Guest Post! Molton Brown Lip Balm

Today's poster is Brad. We love it when guys guest post!

Brad will be reviewing the ridiculously long-named Molton Brown Travel Companion Lip Balm. He writes, "Being a chap-stick addict myself (a male one, at that), I have found a strange solace in Chaptastic. I'm tempted to go out and buy all of the less-girly ones you review.

Plus, I think Scrappy is super cute [Ed. Note: she really is].

I got this from my sister, who probably got it from some cosmetic store. I typically use the standard fare Chap-stick (black, blue, or cherry). I have recently branched out to more SPF ones (Banana Boat, Dermatone) and have been known to use a tin or two in my day (Blistex, Mad Gabs)."

Price: Free, from my sister. I can't even find this stuff on Google. [Ed. Note: Molton Brown is a UK company that makes all sorts of bath/body/grooming products, but apparently their lip balm (and not the fancier "lip saver") is only available in the travel kits that airlines like British Airways give out.]

Appearance: Silver tube, yellow stick. 5 g or 0.17 oz

Glide: Amazing. Probably the best ratio of slickness to tackiness I've ever experienced. Never feels greasy, and it's pretty much impossible to apply too much.

Flavor/ Smell: Kind of neutral, a little bit like candles (probably the lanolin).

Lasting Power: Not bad. Starts to get a little dry pretty quickly, but that's alleviated by a quick lick.

Product Plusses: The stick rotates a little bit when you advance it...I don't know, I thought that was kind of different.

4.5 out of 5 tubes. I wish it lasted a little longer, and I wish I could find this somewhere in stores.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They sell it for $16 a tube at Bath & Body Works now. Also on Amazon.com

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this stuff it is just divine. I found my tube when I was cleaning out some of my mums travel kits that had been collected fom numerous flights she had been on.
It is the best i have ever come accross and have had mine for years (not used regularly)
It absorbs into lips well and leaves a nice soft feeling without getting gluggy.
I'm looking to buy a tube and would happily pay $16 as I know how great it is!!

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you looked into blistex silk and shine? it also rotates when you use it...also, blistex complete moisture feels like a waterfall on your lips.

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our family of 5 has tried every balm out there. This travel freebie still reigns supreme. So glad I found this site so I can buy it for everyone.

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also love this Molton Brown lip balm, and I am a guy as well. I got it in British Air first or business class and I have been looking for a replacement ever since!

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home