Saturday, December 02, 2006

Ganache for Lips: Chocolate Raspberry

Ganache for Lips falls under what I consider to be gimmicky or "an innovative or unusual" lip balm. It's not something I would carry around daily but it's interesting enough to try out and use on "special occasions".

Price: Around 3 tubes for $10

Appearance: I'm torn on the appearance. I love the french design work around the cap of the tube, the script font, and the pale yellow color. But the picture on the tube (of what I'm assuming is ganache) kind of turns my stomach.

Glide: Thick and heavy with a full coverage. Really nice.

Flavor/ Smell: This is the selling point of this balm: the tube smells delicious. The chocolate scent is amazing and smells like fine cocoa, not like Hershey's (nothing wrong with Hershey's, folks, but quality is quality). The raspberry scent shadows the chocolate in a nice subtle manner. I was wary that this stick would have a fake chocolate smell, but they pulled it off, must be that Scharffen Berger.

Lasting Power: Long enough, but the yummy smell makes me want to pull it out of my pocket and share it with people, so naturally, I must reapply.

Product Plusses: All-natural, no petroleum, no animal testing (nor do they do business with those that do test on animals).

4 out of 5 tubes

The founder of Ganache for Lips, Patricia West, created this balm while recovering from breast cancer treatment. She began using peppermint as her first flavor to combat fatigue from radiation, and from there she continued to experiment with other flavors for lip balm. Scharffen Berger chocolate became West's next main ingredient which then evolved to all the Ganache flavors Chocolate Raspberry, Chocolate Orange, Chocolate Hazelnut, Chocolate Almond, Lemon Mousse, and Mocha Latte.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Braithwaite said...

I love the Ganache for Lips! The fragrance is luscious.

I do have to mention the irony of this statement, "smells like fine cocoa, not like Hershey's."

Guess who owns Scharffen Berger these days? Yep, HERSHEY'S. You know who's benefitting from that collaboration!

4:22 PM  
Blogger JavaJive said...

Hershey's owns Scharffen Berger? Geez. That's a shame.

4:38 PM  
Blogger scrappy said...

classic. talk about not wanting to identify with the corporate.

because, that's pretty much all i talk about.

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ganache for Lips is my favourite lip balm, and seriously, you should see the collection of different lipbalms that I've got! Not only is the texture and scent just right for me, it seems to be the only thing that heals these cracks I sometimes get in the corner of my mouth, when I stray too long from my beloved Ganache...

12:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely adore ganache for lips. It is such a treat for the lips in all ways. It smells delicious and its super all natural moisturizing qualities last so long. I have just about every flavor. I pick them up at Amazon.com. For $4.95, how can one go wrong?

1:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ordred this from the USA (I'm in Italy) and I didn't get disappinted! The only thing I'd change is..I'd love a little bit of sweetness in the taste.
But it's one of my faved anyway.

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AGH. ganache for lips is my only vice. i love it. i have vanilla, lemon, mocha latte, and mint chocolate. i carry them in my purse, pocket, desk, and car. everywhere.
my mom and i found these when we went to Maine a few years ago. We had no idea how good they would be, so we only bought one each. This year we went back to the exact store and bought 5 each. it was definately worth the far trip :)

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home