Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Guest Post! Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm


Today's guest post comes from somebody near and dear to the Chaptastic camp, Scrappy's boyfriend. OMG! BOYS! WTF?!

Despite being notoriously unconcerned about always having chapped lips, Chia enjoys being forced to review balms that make Scrappy nauseous.

Tally-ho:

Price: About $2.50, which seems about right. Since I never actually buy chapstick, I'm not sure whether this is fair or not. But it seems like it should be.

Appearance: This is solid product design - informative, relevant, and not ugly. I don't know if it would scream "buy me!" from the counter, but i wouldn't turn away either. I like the honeycomb pattern, though it might make the whole scene a little too busy (ha! busy... bees.. get it?).

Glide: Initially, the glide on this thing turned me off. You really have to work it to get anything on your lips, and that took a little bit of getting used to. But after I, you know... got used to it, it was cool.

Flavor/ Smell: What's that again? This has a very mellow taste.. there's a nice natural honey smell, but not much else. I would rather have that than some super-sweet syrupy thing... but this pretty much tastes like candle wax.

Lasting Power: Good stuff. I appreciate the fact that one application of this will last for a while, and I feel like it really heals your lips. When I recently had a split lip and lots of chappage, I used this, and it helped.

Product Plusses: The tube is made from recycled plastic. That's awesome. Also, not tested on animals. That's also awesome. (As an aside... who the hell would test chapstick on animals!? I know that I'm no expert, and maybe I'm naive... but, are there hamsters and cats and deer running around with chapped lips that need attention? Man, that's messed up.)

4 out of 5 tubes.

10 Comments:

Blogger boleroid said...

vivisection by lip balm... pretty much the shittiest way to kill a bunny.

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Burt's bees honey stick is probably my staple lip balm. Although it's tough to 'get going' once you've used it enough it glides really well, and smells divine! I love honey, and so this makes the balm my fave :D

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While I love this lip balm for it's heavenly texture (even more luxurious than the regular Burt's Bees), those who are sensitive to strong smells may be turned off at first. I applied this during a migraine (when I am strangely sensitive to smell) and the honey scent overwhelmed me, almost to the point of nausea. Of course, all the other times I wear this (every day...), I enjoy the honey smell very much. YMMV

1:56 PM  
Blogger Meadow said...

I use this stuff and it lasts a long time and is really good when it's cold and dry outside. The scent does take some getting used to... it is quite strong but overall a good product.

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love burts bee's lip balm, but I just got this and I am very disapointed! Did I get a bad stick? Mine is chunky and rough, it has little bumps in it?!

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the first time i tried this it had a really gritty texture. it *DID* take some time to get used to, but i liked it. then it was time to buy a new tube, so i did...and maybe they changed the formula??? it felt like a regular lip balm - no grittiness or anything. so now i love this stuff even more! (maybe i just got one from a bad batch the first time i bought it)

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE Burt's Bees honey. It's not waxy or greasy in the slightest. Feels like my lips actually absorb the moisture. Smells great. Doesn't really taste like anything. Wonderful product. I doubt anything will replace this as my main lip balm for a long time. I haven't even bought any other kind in months, I love it so much!

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot use this but it does work. I cant stand anything that makes my lips tingleor burn- and this is the worst for stinging. otherwise it works great cuz my mom and sister use it a lot

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was given it as a present, and I really like mine, but it doesn't mention if it's PABA free? Is it? That is the main thing I look for in a lip balm.

5:28 PM  
Blogger SpacieTracie said...

I have a real bone to pick with this stuff...I really think it's for chap stick novices :)

For me, it just feels like it sits on top of my lips, it's way too mentholy, and I have to reapply alot...mostly because it never penetrates.

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home