Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Site We've Been Digging: Literati Vegan Lip Balm

This is most certainly a "must" site for the lip balm cognoscenti. The company LadyLiscious makes Literati, an author-themed vegan lip balm for the "cerebrally chapped", in flavors like Shakespearmint, PoeMegranate, Alcott Apricot and Brontë Berry. Often sold in bookstores, the beautifully styled tins come complete with the author's portrait, a matching bookmark and a balmy quote ("...through which I can shed one drop of the balm of sympathy." -Bronte). Brilliant idea, beatiful execution.

Not only does the Portland company make and sell these homophonically hip homages, but they donate a portion of the proceeds to non-profits that work to promote literacy and education. So you get to feel smart, look smart, and help someone else be smart, too.

A witty site for the verbally perspicacious lip balm lover.

3 Comments:

Blogger The App Goddess said...

I guess I should buy some of this... I am a librarian...but I NEVER buy lip gloss pots. Germs.

1:13 AM  
Blogger The Glitterati said...

The Glitterati is in LOVE with Literati lipbalm! I must own them all! And now I want to create new martinis called PoeMegranate and BronteBerry and have a very bookish cocktail party!

Thanks for the super review!

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are funny :)

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home