Monday, July 31, 2006

Juice Beauty Delightful

This weekend I decided to take a chance on a new stick.

While packing for a weekend camping and hiking trip, I reached for my favorite chapstick, which is (shockingly) regular old Chapstick, but since adventure was in the air I gulped and grabbed a pretty purple stick called Juice Beauty Delightful.

Delightful is right, vamos:

Price: $15.00 for the three tubes. Ouch.

Glide: After 8 hours hiking in the rain this waterlogged stick glided like a champ. My only worry was it's tint. I didn't want to look like a whore on the trail, but Juice's tint wasn't noticeable - at least not to my sherpas.

Flavor/ Smell: Every once in awhile, while hiking, I would pull this stick out and sniff it. In the middle of the woods the stick smells good: strong and fruity - like a can of Goya juice, but better. But in "real life" the smell of the stick reminds me of this one time (cue flashback music): an ex and I were sleeping in an airport after going to a weekend's worth of punk shows, he fell asleep in a puddle of red gatorade. When we woke up to board the plane his shirt was soaked and the smell made me ill. I've only been able to start enjoying red gatorade again after at least 6 years.

Lasting Power: Excellent lasting power. Delightful, even.

Appearance: The grapey purple stick will make you happy.

Product Plusses: SPF 15, tinted (if that's your thing, whore), and organic.

The only thing holding back this stick's rating is it's price: $5 a tube is outrageous.

4.75 out of 5 tubes

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought these before... I found they didn't glide all that well!

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Maggie said...

HOW tinted are they exactly? I like a bit shiny, but tinted is... Ick. 'Specially since my lips are pretty pinkish on their own(I love bragging about my lips. Natural color and "full." But sorry for the bragging). The tint that, say, Bonne Bell Dr. Pepper has is fine by me, but not the Burt's Bees lip shimmer kinda tint.

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Lily said...

Can anyone tell me if the other types smell the same as delightful? Cause it sounds really good but they don't make delightful anymore.

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home