Sunday, August 20, 2006

The Savannah Bee Company Mint Julep


I'm in love with The Savannah Bee Company. I came across a tube of their Mint Julep lip balm and have been having a secret affair with it for about two weeks. So, what do you do when you fall in love? You stalk your love on the internet.

The Savannah Bee Company's website is adorable. It's honey colored, there are pictures of bumble bees, a recipe for chocolate honey cake (!) and they have tons of different products: candles, honey, and body care.

To add to the adorableness of The Savannah Bee Company, it all started when Ted Dennard (the main man of the company) met Old Roy:

"An elderly man stepped out of the truck with bees crawling all over him.

'Roy Hightower's my name and I've been looking far and wide for an ideal honey-making spot. If you let me put my hives here, I'll introduce you to the marvelous world of honeybees.' The old man leaned toward me and winked.'"

Aww. The marvelous world of honeybees.

Price: $3.99 for the Mint Julep. Affordable adorable.

Glide: The Mint Julep has a wonderful glide. One quick pass across the lips provides great coverage without a greasy overapplied feeling.

Appearance: A very cute black-capped stick with pretty, old-timey writing.

Flavor/ Smell: As you've gathered the Mint Julep stick smells (wait for it, wait for it...) minty! The ingredient list include both spearmint and peppermint oils, and that's exactly what it smells like. This stick is flavorless, so there's no risk of licking your lips for some minty action, but the smell may cover up your hummus breath. Just saying.

Lasting Power: Long lasting. Sometimes I apply just because I want to smell minty fresh, and show off the tube.

Product Plusses: Adorable and 100% natural.

I'm looking forward to trying all of The Savannah Bee Company's lip balms. They've got yummy flavors like blackberry, peach, and pecan! Man, this really makes me want pie.

4.50 out of 5 tubes

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I found a link to your site from Glitterati's blog. Anyways, i just gotta say that I'm surprised you liked the Savannah Bee Company balm. Did you notice the smell? I got a flavorless tube balm, and my first thought upon upcapping it was: This smells like dog pee.

I'm hoping I just got a bad batch, but the smell in mine was so pungent I just had to immediately throw it out. Then again, this was a year ago, so who knows? Maybe the formula changed.

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently purchased 2 tubes of Savannah Bee Company lip balm - blackberry and pecan. These are the best lip balms that I have ever tried. They smell terrific and have just the right amount of color, shine and smoothness.

3:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have all the flavors of their "pot gloss" I like the pecan but adore the honey lemon gloss. Its sweet, light and smooth.

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So far, I've only tried the plain lip balm, but it's my absolutel favorite! And, I have it in stock at my store! Just click on Scentsations for a super price!

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bleeeeeh. I have a lip tint from them that also claims to condition lips and it is so disgusting and drying!

Not to mention the taste (tupelo honey) literally makes me nauseous.

As a matter of fact, it is going in the trash now. Not sure why I waited so long.

2:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this chapstick! I have tried so many different ones, from organic to medicated and I have found this to be the best moisturizer and lip protector available. I only use the mint julep. However, I am having such a hard time finding it since Bath and Body works doesnt carry the line.

4:41 PM  
Blogger ashlee said...

I own the tupelo honey variety and kissing people has become a problem with it on my lips because the question always comes up: What smells like cat pee?

I didn't notice it smelled like any sort of urine and I actually enjoy the fragrance. I do, however, think it's a tad greasy.

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love Savannah Bee's blackberry. :) love the smell and it doesn't feel waxy at all. My lips were smooth and with just a little color. :)

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love LOVE the Earl Grey flavor. So fantastic.

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home