Friday, January 23, 2009

Say Yes To Carrots: "C Me Smile" Lip Butter

I love companies with sentences for names, like Kiss My Face. So it's only natural that while standing in line at Walgreens I'd notice Yes To Carrots (okay, not technically a full sentence- verb implied?). Since I rarely say no to carrots, I was an easy sell. I was intrigued by the emphasis on carrot oil, something I don't think I've come across in a balm yet, and by the variety of flavors (Berry, Mint, Citrus and Melon). Yes to Carrots has an intriguing line of bath & beauty products, and if they're anything like this balm, I have to try them.

Price: $3.69

Appearance: Standard .15 oz tube, simple graphics, unisex appeal.

Glide: Veeerrry nice. Smooth, not at all slick or oily and not thick or sticky.

Smell/Flavor: I tried the Carrot variety, so I won't speak for the other flavors. I can't say it smells distinctly of carrot, but the scent is pleasant enough. It's sort of a mellow citrus with a hint of coconut. Very unobtrusive. No taste or sweetness.

Lasting Power: Not bad. A couple of hours, at least. It's the kind of balm you put on and forget about until a while later when you're wondering why your lips are so soft. Great for use before bedtime.

Pluses: 95% certified USDA organic ingredients (coconut, olive, jojoba, and sunflower seed oils + shea butter, beeswax , vitamin E + carrot, pumpkin and melon seed extracts- see site for full listing). No animal testing. Paraben and petroleum free.

No minuses stand out. It's an exceptionally pleasant and effective balm, probably worth a shot for those with especially sensitive lips and definitely guy-friendly. Don't know what "wow" factor would make it a perfect balm, but I totally dig it. 4.5 out of 5 tubes.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to buy these, simply because carrot lip balm is such a strange idea! It's great that I know now it's good quality too. Thanks for coming back Chaptastic. :)

1:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh. I had a terrible time with these. My lips started burning and peeling. I've never had that reaction with a lip balm before. Mine went straight in the trash. Glad they work for somebody!

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're a fan of Yes to Carrots C Me Smile Lip Butter. Thanks for the kind words.

Would love to send you some free samples as a thank you.

Here's the form

http://tinyurl.com/5fqgmn

Let me know if you have any questions.

And thanks again!

Jeremy

carrotattache@yestocarrots.com

PS. If you are interested, Yes to Carrots is also on Facebook-

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2471023054

and Twitter (twitter.com/yestocarrots.com)

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have mint, berry, and citrus. (the true junkie always has to get a few flavors. Before they try the balm) so the mint is refreshing, a little bit sweeter mint than burt's or lypsyl. The berry is a gorgeous raspberry-pomegranate type scent. Yum, probably my fave. The citrus is good, too, but I'm not a huge fan of citrus so that was just ok. I like these. They keep my lips soft and are good for getting rid of that nasty dead skin.

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky Chaptastic, you get free samples !! :o

2:46 AM  
Blogger theotherworldly said...

After a few swipes of this I was quite annoyed at how grainy it was. A few months later after that initial experience, and a few moments ago, I realised it was accumulated lip-flakey skin on the tube. I was very icked out by my own DNA, but after polishing off with a tissue all was well again. Thank goodness I didn't misjudge this lip balm and toss it.

The smell is more like ginger and sweet carrots to me, though. Exotic.

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I discovered Yes To Carrots not that long ago. I LOVE it. I mean... absolutely love it. It glides on smooth and leaves my lips like no other! I think the review hit the nail on the head.

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with the review except that it doesn't last very long on me. It lasts 1.5 hours max. I'm using these up way faster than my Lip Smackers.

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've been seeing these every time i go to target. i've been debating whether to get one or not. now i can't decide on the flavor. i've been lingering on carrot, since it is a unique flavor. mayB i'll get it next time.

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have the mint lip balm. i like the feeling on my lips after i apply it, it's very refreshing. i was intrigued by the mint flavor idea and i'm not sorry i bought it.

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

got these for xmas, a couple of flavors...I recently pulled it out of the drawer put some on before bed and woke up looking like I got punched in the mouth. My lips are so swollen, blistery and itchy - I have never had anything like this in my life, I can only assume the carrots provoked this gross situation. -painful...

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Jenna said...

Everyone must try Island Kisses Lip Balm. This is the absolute best lip balm ever. It is made by a airline stewardess. It stayed on all day. The site is www.myislandkisses.com. It's natural and fabulous!! LOVE this balm.

5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home