Thursday, January 25, 2007

Plum Island Soap Company: Black Licorice

Finding out about the Plum Island Soap Company made my day. In case you're stalking me, I grew up very close to Plum Island and spent many summer days getting thrown around by the rough undertoe and getting pissed at plovers. There was also a suburban myth going around in high school that the folks that lived on the island didn't get fresh water and had to shower with sea water. Another myth is that Montel Williams has a house there.

Price: $3.75 for an above average sized tub.

Appearance: Clear tub, black top. The label features two girls smooching at the camera and a bright sticker noting the flavor.

Glide: Great glide for a "stick your finger in it" balm. The balm is soft enough to get the right amount, but not too soft so that you're stuck with a gooey finger.

Flavor/Smell: The black licorice kicks ass. This is the first black licorice balm I've come across and I was totally psyched*. Not being a huge fan of black licorice, I'm surprised at how much I love the smell of this. Way fresh and different.

Lasting Power: Decent. Does the trick.

Product Plusses: Well, it's from Plum Island and I'm into that. The balm only contains natural ingredients: olive oil, coconut, beeswax, vitamin e, and essential oils. It's basic and it works.

I'm giving this one a 4.5 out of 5 tubes, and that .5 point comes mostly from the balm's format, tub rather than tube. Great balm, check them out.

*In case you're wondering what thrills me in a new balm: I'm a sucker for an interesting flavor.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great stuff, I have used the balm this winter and it's frigging great!

I would recommend this to everyone that suffers from chap lips.

I actually like this better than a tube....reason being more of it and easier to pack.

11:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Plum Island Soap Company have yummy lip balm flavors. Check out all of them: Pink Grapefruit, Peppermint, Spearmint, Lemon Lime, Orange Mint and of course Black Licorice!

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home