Sunday, September 10, 2006

Martinsville Emporium: Peanut Butter & Jelly

I'm pretty much obsessed with peanut butter & jelly. It's ideal for lunch, everyday - ask my coworkers.

When three sticks of Martinsville Emporium's lip balm appeared at Chaptastic's door; PB&J, buttered popcorn, and lemon meringue pie; I grabbed the PB&J stick and eagerly applied.

Here's the scoop:


Price: $2.00 per tube, perfect price.

Glide: Whoa, hold on to your hats folks. This stick is like an oil slick. An olive oil slick. Being made with olive oil, this stick brings a whole new level of glide to the chapstick game. If you think that applying lip balm takes too much time, try this one - you'll be applying in negative time.

Appearance: Clear tube with a DIY label gives it a homey feeling. You can tell that this one came right out of someone's lip balm lab.

Flavor/ Smell: Smucker's x 1 million. As a self proclaimed PB&J connoisseur I lean towards natural peanut butter and natural jelly. Smucker's reminds me of stinky children with jelly around their lips and all over their hands. So, if a=b and b=c, then a=c. In other words, the smell and flavor of this stick is a bit much for me.

Lasting Power: Not long, 15 minutes or so. The olive oil absorbs quickly into the lips, leaving them soft, but wanting more balm.

Product Plusses: Homemade and interesting ingredients; olive oil, castor oil, mango butter, meadowfoam seed oil, and candelilla wax. There is definitely someone thinking outside of the box in Martinsville.

2.50 out of 5 tubes

Heather, from Martinsville Emporium, is so psyched about chapstick that it's rather contagious. That is, if you're not already psyched about it.
If I can just infect a wee bit of silliness into someone else's life, even if it only cheers him or her up for just a moment, then I think I'm doing a pretty good job.
She's looking into creating more flavors; cocoa butter, coffee butter, and virgin coconut oil.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks your review has been very helpful, I was going to buy peanut butter and jelly balm from Martinsville, but I too hate over flavouring especially if it smells like sticky little kids! I will go for a different flavour.

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really who others are saying is right.
its likable for me.these products are looking very mile.
Now i will ready to get it.
--------------------

Handmade Soap
Handmade Soap--Handmade Soap

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home