Monday, January 08, 2007

Guest Post! Cinnabon Lip Balm

We're mere mortals, alas, and thus cannot review every stick out there. So we count on you to fill us in on the lip balm low down. You send 'em in, we post 'em. Today's poster is Kendra, who explains to us about how turning a decadent Cinnabon cinnamon roll into lip balm works out (not well).

A Chaptastic and chapstick fanatic, Kendra is no mere lip balm dilettante. While others reach for balm to simply cure dry and chapped lips, for Kendra it is her salve against harsh summer sun, brisk winter winds, and the crusty residents of her native New York. With her freshly glossed lips, Kendra can tackle temp job hell, subway derailments, terror alerts and regular invasions of personal space with nary an eyelash bat. This January, however, she faces her biggest challenge: permanent, full time employment. She has her lip balms ready.

Onward, Kendra!

Price: $3.00

Appearance: I find the wrapper strangely comforting. The color scheme is a nostalgic reminder of my high school mallrat days when the Cinnabon store was the penultimate experience. Not the kind of tube that you want to whip out in sophisticated company, however.

Glide: At room temperature it goes on smoothly with slight resistance at first. I apply lower lip then upper lip, and by the time I reach my upper lip resistance is completely gone and it glides on like an ice skate on freshly zambonied ice.

Flavor/Smell: Artificially Cinnamon. Considering that it is Cinnabom Lip Balm I was looking for a Cinnabon smell...what I got, however, was more of Red Hots candy meets a cheap cinnamon candle. This lip balm is horribly, offensively, synthetically cinnamon smell. It tastes delicious though, cinammony sugary.

Lasting Power: No idea. After about 20 seconds this stuff began to burn, burn, burn. Now I do not have sensitive lips. I've used every lip balm in existence including ones with some of the most corrosive ingredients on planet earth without batting an eye. But this stuff continued to burn for five minutes after I wiped it off. I tried it on my kid sister and she had no ill effects, but just a heads up.

Product Plusses: None. You're better off with a standard stick of chapstick for half the cost.

1.5 out of 5 tubes.

11 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

I LOVE CINNAMON BUNS YUM... i know Kendra doesn't like it but PLEASE tell me where you gots it. PLEASE PLEASE PRETTY PLEASe

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got mine at the dollarstore hun. But I have seen it at Claire's. Mine was only a dollar and it did burn. For a second I thought it was giving me cold sores (wi-eeerd).

12:28 AM  
Blogger Tulsa Rob said...

This stuff is awesome!
A little over 20 years ago I slipped getting into a car and bit thru my lower lip. I was young and not wise enough to go get stitches, so every winter since then that wound opens up and bleeds. I have tried every lip balm, therapy, lotion, etc... and have only found two that would work on my lips. One was a now discontinued brand of chapstick and the other is Cinnabon Lip Balm. I love this stuff and it works very well! I always keep tubes at home and at the office.
I have never experienced any burning from the regular or pecan flavors. I suspect that each person's body reacts to cinnamon differently.
As an interesting plus, after you eat and brush your teeth, put some of this stuff on your lips. You get the exact sensation as you would after actually eating a cinnamon roll, but without any calories!
Rob

6:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think I got my cherished tube at the 99 cent only store. I am almost out and came online to see if I could find more. I love it. I wish I had a whole case. My boyfriend loves it ;)
It has a warm, comforting smell, and a sweet-but-not-too-sweet taste... the perfect complement to a kiss :) I gonna get me some moe!

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Cinnabon Lip Balm also. It is the only lip balm/chap stick that I use now and I too am having a hard time finding it. I put it on before bed to keep my lips from chapping and in the morning they are so soft and still have that cinnamon bun taste. I also wear it during the day. I love it, just wish I could find it in stores!

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't you just buy a cinnamon bum and just stick your finger in the frosting and cinnamon and rub it against your lips?

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To the man/woman who said the comment above me... Just wow. That must have been a typo, but that made my day. Congrats..

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol that was my psychotic boyfriend x3

8:53 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth Sanchez said...

Cinnabon.. Cinnabon.. Cinnabon.. just only for 3 dollars any one can buy. It is having cold sores remedies.

Dont Miss...

Don't mind i am justing selling your product

lol

2:58 AM  
Blogger Tulsa Rob said...

I'm Tulsa Rob that posted below about 4 years ago. (It's 6/18/2011 now) I still keep a big stock of Cinnabon Lip Balm on hand. It has worked truly miraculously for me. I haven't been embarrassed by a bloody lip during the winter for at least 3 years now. However, I keep reading posts here that say it really burns their lips. Reading the ingredients, cinnamon is not listed, but I see a couple of alcohols. Whatever the root cause, I would highly recommend lightly testing this item first!

6:35 AM  
Blogger Diane Phillips said...

Make up is my favorite....this also is my favorite for the good good ideas...
Lip rescue

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home