Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Guest Post! Einstein Lip Theory: Hydrating Cream

Today's poster, Becky, reviews a balm that follows up on the Einstein brand we reviewed a little while ago. I think "caveat emptor" is the moral of this fable. Becky writes,

"So, I was OBSESSED with the Einstein stuff when I found the red pot balm in London Drugs but couldn't afford it. The jar looked SOOO adorable, so I assumed this stuff would rock and I promised myself that next time I popped into the store, that balm would be mine. I even had a dream about it. So, as you can probably imagine, my expectations were high.

But I came back to the drugstore a couple days later, buzzing with excitement and ready to spend 7 dollars on a tiny jar of magic. Unfortunately, they had none left! I was, instead, referred to another one of Einstein's lip balms: the pink hydrating cream. I hadn't researched this one and didn't quite know what to expect, and to satisfy my terrible disappointment, I took a chance and bought it. Uhg."

Price: $6.99 for a barely-there squirt of balm. Ew.

Appearance: Pretty container, of course. But open the lid and what do you find? This icky, creamy stuff that has the consistency of hand cream - not to mention the little orange balls inside that really serve no purpose except to look weird.

Glide: Smooth, of course, but I could just as easily rub this into my hands and call it moisturization. It's hand cream!! Plus it's very shiny on the lips and feels like water - which, actually, may be a positive for some of you if that's what you're looking for.

Flavor/ Smell: It smells alright. Tastes alright.

Lasting Power: A while, actually, but that's only if you commit to never licking your lips while it's on. If you lick, the lip balm will come off quite easily.

Product Plusses: Cute container, smooth application. And the name 'Einstein Lip Theory' is just plain awesome.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5 tubes. Extremely disappointing. Not to mention that a week later I dropped the jar, causing all its contents to spill out on my carpet. Good bye, $6.99.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I tried posting a comment about how much I LOVED the red jar (hahaha - neener-neener!) but it didn't work on the site. I have this pink jar - and I LOVE it - ONLY for night time and during the winter - I glop it on like a heavy cream over my winter-chapped lips before I hit the hay and come sunrise my pucker is awesome! too bad this didn't work out for you. :( find the red jar.

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Lily said...

Ha I had the same dreaming-about-lip balm thing with the Juice Beauty balm(don't know if you actually had a dream or if it was a joke, but I really had a dream). Still haven't gotten it, which depresses me. Ah, well.

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home