Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Un-petroleum

According to this picture, Un-petroleum will make you dewy fresh....am applying now....I feel...I feel.... well, very dewy. And a little bed headed. That picture does not lie.

My stick of tangerine Un-petroleum has been a jean pocket alternate since last May. The tube is missing the wrapper and the chapstick actually falls out when I open it. But I will still carry it until it is done. It's good.

Price: I bought this one at the L.L. Bean factory outlet in North Conway, N.H. I remember it vividly. The bright orange box next to the register, begging me to impulse buy it. "Alright, little guy, you're mine now." I said to him. And off we went to climb Mt. Washington. Together. Oh, I think it was about $2.50.


Glide: Great glide.

Flavor/ Smell: The tangerine tube makes me "long for sweet fruit." It smells so freshly delicious, that I have almost eaten it or thought about juicing it.

Lasting Power: Average. It needs to be applied frequently, but I think this may because it smells so damn good.

Appearance: At first, the bright orange tube with it's scribbly white text is delightful. After almost a year of pocket closeness my stick is kinda dirty and unidentifiable (to the untrained eye).

Product Plusses: SPF 18, jojoba oil (is that a plus? does it really do anything?), vitamin E, pure plant oil, and even echinacea to "rejuvenate and store."

Kick-ass chapstick.

4.5 out of 5 tubes

3 Comments:

Blogger Elk Hat said...

and you are crazy... the both of you, but kudos to a truly unique blog. Keep it up

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS BLOG SO MUCH! Anyway, to answer you question, Jojoba oil is a plus, due to it's moisturizing properties. The thing that seems weird to me is the "Pure Plant Oil". When they generalize like that, sometimes (but not always) they are covering some thing up. Things to cover up would be Safflower oil (soo wet..) or Olive Oil (soo slippery) - in my opinion...
\
May Chapstick Be With You

Dylan

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Olive oil is probably the best vegetal oil for skin (and not cheap at all), I don't think they would covr it :\

PS I wanna try this one!

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home