Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Guest Post! Alba TerraTints

This guest post comes from Scrappy's super rad coworker Kira:

When a big ole' box (actually, a full-on fancy schmancy counter display) of lip balm arrives unannounced at your door, wouldn't you assume the nice gals at Chaptastic had something to do with it? Me too. But apparently not. (ed. note - holy crap, we're so jealous)

Apparently, I received this treasure chest of luscious lip balm as a free gift for being one of the first to sign up for an upcoming yoga retreat. I guess yoga + pretty tinted well-moisturized lips = a very happy yogi. (ed. note - om x 3)

There were six Alba TerraTint tubes in the box. Two colors I tried on and right away decided, "uhhhhh...no, I'm just not groovy enough to pull these off." These were Dawn (white chalky weirdly sparkly) and Kona (dark brown, really dark brown). The others I like very much: Garnet, Bloom, Sienna, Blaze. Garnet is my favorite - the sheerest, least sparkly of the bunch.

Price:
3.99

Appearance: Minimalist texty packaging, with a label that matches the tube color but tube color that doesn't quite match the lip balm tint. I'm probably getting into OCD Girl territory, but I'm a fan of branding that's printed right on the tube rather than on a label that's just going to get all tattered and worn and yucky after spending time in my jeans pocket or the bottom of my bag. Is it wrong to want my tube of lip balm to look as fresh as my lips when I put it on?

Glide: Fairly smooth as lip balms go, just a bit on the heavy side.

Flavor/Smell: Yummy peppermint tingles the lips with only a hint of minty smell and flavor (but I have a cold, so it may not be as subtle as I think).

Lasting Power: Maybe an hour? Would like it to moisturize longer (but again, I've been breathing through my mouth all day, so you might not want to trust me on that).

Product Plusses: The packaging tells me that calendula flower and jojoba oil are main ingredients. Sounds good to me. The web site tells me that Alba lip balms provide " SPF 18 protection in a versatile stick - perfect for lips, ears and other sensitive, sun-exposed areas." Ummm....sounds like they're talking about the non-tinted lip balms.

4.6 out of 5 tubes. With four colors to choose from (six if you count white and dark brown), there's a naturally tinted minty lip balm out there for just about every skin tone. A nice way to dress up your face for a night out on the town.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

NIce

6:31 PM  
Blogger ZenDenizen said...

Garnet won't even register if you're tan but overall it is a good product with a pleasant smell.

4:56 PM  
Blogger K said...

I *love* this stuff. I use Garnet (zomg) and Bloom almost exclusively, although I'll break out Dawn if I want to de-emphasize things. Very pleased.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Karma said...

I tried this and thought it was a really nice feeling, i like chapsticks that have that cooling feeling but not be all sparkly....the feeling was good but i got a color that was wayyy to dark for me, Kona.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

does anyone have this in color Heather available?

2:51 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I like your performance and reach a decision with much of this information. You set aside my attention all over the whole post, and that's a task. Thank you. Lip Balm Display Packaging Boxes

6:25 AM  
Blogger John Matt said...

Thank you for sharing such a nice post. Lip Balm Display Boxes are easily available for your lip balms.

6:08 AM  
Blogger Packhit said...

Nice blog i like it very much keep up the good work.
best Lip Balm box

2:24 PM  
Blogger Custom Packaging Boxes Wholesale said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:27 AM  
Blogger Jack Alexa said...

I'm astoundingly Glad to visit your edifying Post. Bundling boxes are really head for any sort of thing. Suffering you truly need to pack your things in a wonderful manner then, at that point, utilize these Lip Balm Boxes with re-endeavor plans, styles, tones, shapes, and stocks. We are other than giving abuse free point of view and free improvement helps all around the USA.

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home