Friday, August 11, 2006

ChapNews Vol. 5: Terrorist Edition

Yes, I think we're just the site to provide some much-needed perspective on this issue. The New York Times reports today on the airport crackdown on...well, everything. No more liquids of any kind on the plane (except breast milk and certain medications). In fact, you can't carry anything that's even suggestive of a liquid or remotely gel-like, and that of course includes lip balm:




Well, I never! What is a poor traveller to do on a long cross-Atlantic flight, up where the air is pressurized and dry, without any lip balm?

I'll tell ya though, they must be laughing their asses off over this. They don't even need to accomplish their goals anymore. All they really have to do is keep trying to blow things up with ordinary objects and then get caught. That way the effect is universal. They've already done it with shoes and cleverly disguised liquid. How about a book next? Or maybe clothing! Yeah! That way we'd all have to fly completely naked.

I say they try it with small children next. That way there'll be no kids and no crying on my next flight. My next naked flight.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha. i was going to talk about this in my newsletter too :) great minds think alike.hehe.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Pavlina said...

I was saying the same thing to my co-workers. Pretty soon we will al be flying naked, maybe they willl issue us a sheet or something! Yikes, I couldn't even imagine flying without my small lotion and lip-balm.

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home