Friday, February 02, 2007

Guest Post! Zum Kiss Lime

You know the deal: you write 'em, we post 'em.

Today's Guest Poster is Talia, a microbiology student (she keeps balm in the lab) who was until recently solely devoted to her Burt's Bees. Shortly after discovering Chaptastic last fall, Talia progressively went through every brand of lip balm carried by her local Co-op food store (they have an entire shelf of the stuff and for years she's been blithely walking right past it!). From their extensive collection of organic and all-natural balms, Indigo Wild's Zum Kiss is the only brand she's used more than once.

Mush, Talia!

Price: $3.75

Appearance: Everyone's favorite clear plastic tube! Wrapped in an simple yet elegant cream label with green scalloped boarders and a green lip-imprint logo. White/colorless balm.

Glide: Fantastic glide! It gives the sensation of no resistance without the oil slick residue left by other fast glide balms. Think of My Lip Stuff's glide taken down a notch or two.

Flavor/ Smell: Personally, I can't stand artificial fruity scents or flavors. I hate cool aid, jolly ranchers, and bath products that make me feel like I am soaking in melted lollipop. Zum Kiss lime is nothing like that. Zum Kiss is like taking freshly squeezed limes, adding a hint of sugar and squelching a thirst induced by years of following a strictly regulated two-sips a day liquid diet. This fantastic scent of Zum Kiss is only noticeable while applying the balm and maybe a few minutes after. It has no taste.

Lasting Power: Good, I think. When I have easy access to Zum Kiss I constantly reapply it to experience the epiphany of lime-scented transcendentalism. When I force myself to leave it at home I tend to forget about my lips. From this I can only infer that it must have a decent lasting power. If pushed to give numbers I'd say about 3 or 4 hours.

Product Plusses: All natural ingredients (sunflower oil, grapeseed oil, beeswax, shea butter, pure essential oils, honey, candelilla wax, and vitamin E), inexpensive, beautiful design, and exquisite scent.

4.5 out of 5. I'd give it a 5 out of 5 if it weren't for the little boy in the Mazda commercials whispering "zoom-zoom" in my head every time I apply Zum Kiss.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erika Beck said...

According to the Zum website,
their brand is pronounced to rhyme with "some", as in "that's 'some' product". So I guess it gets 5 stars after all.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home