Thursday, May 10, 2007

Trader Johann's Lip Balm Virtuoso


Trader Joe's tops my list of places to shop, preferably when the line doesn't wrap completely around the store. My awesome pal, Mel, introduced me to the goodness that is TJ's and to confirm this she sent me some of their lip balm that she's super into. Mel's smart about pretty much everything, and I can now definitely say that she's smart on lip balm.

Price: 3 tubes for about 3 bucks. Brilliant.

Appearance: Trader Johann's (yuk, yuk) Virtuoso Lip Balm is housed in a green and white standard sized tube with an image of music notes underneath the text: Music to your Lips. Let's just hope this music isn't a harp or something equally Victorian.

Glide: Superb glide. Always ready to go and the coverage area is perfect.

Flavor/Smell: The Virtuoso is spearmint. Smells like gum, tastes kind of like gum - and can probably cover your bad breath.

Lasting Power: Apply and forget about it, lasts forever.

Product Plusses: 50% organic (half empty?), all the organic ingredients are standard with the exception of St. John's Wort (used to treat anxiety) and Comfrey ("In past times comfrey baths were popular to repair the hymen and thus 'restore virginity'", so, uh, promiscuous girls get on that), and SPF 15.

I'm into it. Trader Johann's Lip Balm Virtuoso scores a 5 out of 5.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me say this - I was given a tube of this Trader Johann's before I gave birth to my son. Something about pregnant women in labor wanting chapstick, I was told. I still don't get it, but they were right. Between this tube and those freakin ice chips, I was able to do birth a really, really large baby.

4:51 PM  
Blogger rayfreester said...

This is a good stick, but not that good, it very, very melty in your pocket.

6:48 PM  
Blogger scrappy said...

rayfreester, you're correct. may have to rescore.

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a native Texan, but recently visited San Jose on a trip back from Hawaii, and joy of joys, I discovered Trader Jo's! And Virtuoso Lip Balm. -hugs tubes- This stuff is amazing...smooth glide, nice scent, okay enough taste. I use it before bed and I can still feel it moisturizing in the morning. Magical, yes? Ohhhh yeahhhh. xD I'D GO BACK TO CALIFORNIA JUST FOR IT.

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The MOST FABULOUS lip balm ever created. You will be addicted! :-)

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Us Californians are pretty amazing, aren't we? :D

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh good. i just bought a box of 3 for my son's (age 17) christmas stocking. he is an chapstick lover and has been using burt's bees...but that costs a whole lot more money and is harder to find. I especially appreciate the reasonable price, sunscreen and organic ingredients.

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't really like the glide...I think it's bordering on the oily side (it does have olive oil in it...)

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home