Friday, January 26, 2007

Eden Village Soap Company: Essential Blend

Eden Village Soap Company embodies many important things that lead to sustainability, and I absolutely love that. This balm, and Eden Village's other products, are sold on Etsy.com - I can lose hours looking through this site, it's amazing.

But back to EVSC, its profile on Etsy states:

I may pay more for some of my ingredients because I buy them at my local IGA. I have my printing done at our little print shop that has been in business for generations. I get my lard, beeswax, honey from local farmers. I grow my own herbs that I add to each soap.

To boot, the town EVSC is based in doesn't have a Wal-Mart.

Price: $2.00 for home-grown goodness.

Appearance: Average clear tube with the label: nothing exciting, nothing awful.

Glide: This stick never has any problems getting started, it's always ready for application. The balm has a tendency to spread past the lips, giving the dreaded shiny skin around the lips look. This may have to do with the coconut oil, my hypothesis.

Flavor/Smell: A very delicious herbal smelling balm. The use of tea tree oil comes out strong, in a good way, with this one.

Lasting Power: It leaves a long lasting moist feeling to the lips. They feel fully moisturized, and almost perked up - which may have to do with the tea tree oil, another hypothesis.

Product Plusses: As stated above, the company does all it can to make this stick completely home grown. The only ingredients are coconut oil, shea butter, beeswax, vitamin E, and essential oil blend.

I'm giving the Eden Village Soap Company 4.25 out of 5 tubes. It's price, smell, and ethics rank high in my book.

1 Comments:

Blogger louieann34 said...

I use lip balm in my lips every day..It's the only thing that keeps my lip from not getting cracked..And I've been searching the site for some lip balm that are made with herbs and maybe with nature Essential Oils on it...I like the blog!

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home