Friday, May 26, 2006

Kiss My Face - Vanilla Honey

Oh, Kiss My Face, what a clever name. It's almost as if you were going to say "kiss my ass", but at the last second you turn it around.

Well, Kiss My Face, you're the first chapstick I've reviewed for this blog that I'm going to ream. In fact, I would tell you to "kiss my ass."

Let's get it on.

Price: Free, for me - gift. Anywhere from $2.50 - $3.50, for you. But don't waste your money.

Appearance: This may be my biggest problem with this stick. To me, green and yellow mean LEMON and/or LIME. Not vanilla, and definitely not honey. These flavors are to be depicted with brown.

Glide: This stick's glide is too heavy and too waxy. Bad glide.

Flavor/Smell: Oh wait. This is the biggest problem with this one. This vanilla honey flavor is heinous. It doesn't smell like either of the components, but it does smell like old flowers: like when you have flowers in a vase and then take them out - they smell like that water from the vase.

Lasting Power: Due to it's heavy, waxy glide the staying power is long. But since the feel and smell are not delightful, you may end up wiping it off.

Product Plusses: Organic.

I would've liked to love this chapstick, due to Kiss My Face's view on the environment.

It seems like they care:

"The use of natural ingredients over cheaper synthetic ingredients eliminates the release of hazardous bi-products released into the environment during the production of synthetic chemicals in laboratories and factories across the globe."

But, despite that, I'm going to give this stick our lowest rating as of yet:
1 out of 5 tubes.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh, totally agree with you on the old vase water smell. I almost bought it in my local health food store, but luckily I sniffed the sample. I gagged. I got strawberry instead, it's fantastic. To anyone reading this, Kiss My Face is good except for their vanilla honey. Stay away from that one.

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try Cranberry Orange - it tastes and smells tart and delicious (unlike the disgusting honey flavor)!

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you forgot a plus: SPF 15 but with that smell, I would rather leave my lips do dry out and turn white before I ever put that stuff on! Everything else in their lip line rocks.

1:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lmao. What I find awesome about this is that I wrote a review in my own blog, bashing this lip balm. I came over here, to see what you had to say about it (my #1 lip balm stop), and here I find we pretty much said the same thing. Awesome. Glad to know I'm not alone.

1:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

try their mint one though, it's awesome!

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The treat mint flavor is the one for me, I'm definitely an addict. I can't find it in any stores, only online, but guarantee you'll love it!

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home