Tuesday, September 08, 2009

New Crazy Rumors! Fresh Squeezed

I will deflate all the suspense we try so hard to build up in most of our posts right now: Crazy Rumors can do no wrong. This is no news to those of you who've read our glowing reviews of this darling company in the past, but we were especially delighted by their bright, refreshing and summery new line called Fresh Squeezed. I mean, just look at them!

Price: $4 each, totally worth it.

Appearance: Utterly charming. One of the things I love about their aesthetic is the careful attention to detail. Each flavor has its own lovely color scheme and each line (Perk, Brew, A La Mode, Gumball, etc) has its own look, and yet the products as a whole have a very cohesive look. Despite the many varieties, it's hard to mistake one flavor for another. These look fun, appealing and citrus-y.

Glide: Classic Crazy Rumors: smooth, slightly creamy and almost sinful to apply.

Flavor/Smell: Spot on with the citrus fragrances and flavors, probably owing to the essential oils contained within. There's Orange Juice, Lemonade, Limeade and Pink Grapefruit Juice. I can't decide which one I like best, and I'm not a big fan of grapefruit in real life. What makes these balms amazing is the balance between the flavors and the subtle sweetness- neither cancels out the other, and together they are not overpowering. I've always appreciated that they use the natural sweetener Stevia, and sparingly, at that. After use, a gentle scent hangs in the air that always makes me wonder, "Who was just peeling an orange in here?"

Lasting Power: Superb. 2+ hours, quick to soften lips, perfect for overnight application. I consistently use these more frequently than other balms, stopping only when I realize I may soon run out.

Product Pluses: 100% natural vegan ingredients (shea butter, soy wax, avocado, grape seed, olive and jojoba oils, Vitamin E, just to name a few), cruelty-free.

In short, 5 out of 5 tubes, and another winning effort by Crazy Rumors. If I woke and learned that no other lip balms existed but these I would mourn momentarily but still be content.

5 Comments:

Anonymous organic cosmetics said...

Good to know about these too...the tubes in mild colors seem tempting and would be a lovely option for the young teenagers.I am waiting to smell them.

1:57 PM  
Anonymous bads928 said...

This is great.. You can try also a lip balm for your health it helps you to make your lips being healthy and shine..

1:52 AM  
Anonymous organic foundation said...

The Fresh Rumors look very good and come in lovely flavors that should be suitable for one and all.One in the bag and clutch is obviously very essential.

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Lipice Enriched Lip Balm said...

It looks really very good. Winter is starting soon and along with cooler weather comes the season of chapped lips. I won’t go anywhere in winter without Lipice Enriched Lip Balm, and I go through a lot of it

4:53 AM  
Blogger Lucie + Pompette Beauty Product said...

Healthy and luscious lips is need of everyone. These products seem to be very beneficial. I also have collection of good lip plumping products which will surly help you in coming winter season

2:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home