Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Guest Post! C.O. Bigelow: Cinnamint Mentha Lip Shine

Today's GP is Anne, who write, "Ever since I fell in love with red hots as a child, I've had an affinity for all things cinnamon. Cinnamon on my latte. Cinnamon in my oatmeal. Cinnamon chewing gum. Cinnamon in my hot chocolate. You can imagine my delight when I discovered the Cinnamint Mentha Lip Shine. My roommate introduced me to the mecca that is the Bigelow Chemists' Lip Care line. Their gently tinted, glossy peppermint lip balms have been refreshing my breath and moisturizing my lips for months, but it's the Cinnamint tube that I always go back to."

More, Anne, more!

Price: $7.50 from Bath and Body Works stores or the Bigelow Chemists website. I got my tube on sale at B&BW during the post-holiday frenzy.

Appearance: Simple pink tube with a black twist off cap. Classic old-world, apothecary-style typeface. The angled tip slides nicely and the amount of product dispensed is easy to control. Minimal goop accumulation under the cap.

Glide: If you get enough product it slides on smoothly. Sometimes it takes a pass or two. High-shine glossy appearance without being too sticky.

Flavor/Smell: Sweet cinnamon goodness with minty refreshment. The real cinnamon and peppermint oils add a pleasant kick in the flavor department. Application becomes a reviving, invigorating experience and a good substitute for that afternoon piece of gum.

Lasting Power: Given how often I'm tempted to practically lick the product off, it's hard to estimate duration. I'd give the gloss an hour or two assuming you can control your cravings.

Product Plusses: Cinnamon Oil .1%, Peppermint Oil .6%. 100% natural flavoring and not tested on animals.

4 out of 5 tubes.

5 Comments:

Blogger ZenDenizen said...

I went out and bought this after your review and I have to agree, it's a very pleasant, unique fragrance.

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to be rude but doesn't Chaptastic review lip Balm not Lip GLOSS?????

2:12 PM  
Blogger JavaJive said...

Eh, true. Some products are both, though. Sorry to stray from our roots!

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do love this lipgloss, but I was also wondering why you were reveiwing lip gloss, since you seemed so caught up on chapstick. hmmm. mayB thats becuz it was called CHAPtastic?!?!?!?!

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Liz said...

I live in Florida, so most chapsticks and lip balms get gross in the heat(ack!!!!) this stuff doesn't and works on chapped lips just as well as anythin else I've tried.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home