Sunday, June 25, 2006

Neutrogena Lip Moisturizer

I like Neutrogena products. They seem very clean and fresh and simple, and apparently they're endorsed by Norwegian fishermen. My enjoyment of their products is in direct contradiction to my dislike of their TV spots, which feature the likes of Mandy Moore and Mischa Barton, two people with whom I couldn't relate to less if I tried, continuously splashing their flawless, bony faces with water.

In any case, my enjoyment of other Neutrogena products and my unheralded love for Norweigan fishermen prompted me to pick up a tube from Amazing Giant Wall of Random and Miniature Products at Bed Bath & Beyond the other day.

Price: I got my tube for $2.79, but it sells online for as much as $3.39. Typical for Neutrogena products, whose prices tend to be a bit higher than you really want them to be.

Appearance: Classic red, white and blue simple exterior we've come to expect from the big N. The turn mechanism is up near the cap, which is always great for avoiding accidental pocket tube advance.

Glide: Excellent, smooth glide- neither waxy nor greasy. Nice and soothing.

Flavor/Smell: This is one of the few non-flavored sticks I've come across that really doesn't have either a flavor or a smell- fruity or waxy or otherwise. It's wonderfully unnoticeable.

Lasting Power: Long. I can't come up with a number of minutes/hours, but I can say that I didn't feel the need to reapply at all. Of course, it's nice and warm and humid outside, so I have no idea how it would fare in winter conditions. This is where the Norwegian fishermen would come in handy (also in key roles in my fantasies).

Product Plusses: SPF 15, again characteristic of Neutrogena products. It's also PABA-free. I had to look up what the hell PABA was (para-aminobenzoic acid, an "organic compound sometimes called Vitamin Bx that increases the formation of a particular DNA defect in human cells, thus increasing the risk of skin cancer in people who lack the mechanisms to repair these cellular defects" via Wikipedia), which is another plus of the product- it made me learn!

A solid, pleasant, non-flashy, reliable stick. 4 out of 5 tubes.

7 Comments:

Blogger scrappy said...

ever see that seinfeld episode, where jerry and george are at the us open, discussing sunblock?

george gets all upset because jerry only brought sunblock with PABA.

the episode is way funnier than this explanation.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I HATE this lip balm. My dad gave me some for my b-day and it sucks. It melts so much it might as well be petroleum jelly. I love Neutrogena but there Chapstick is a RIP-OFF.
Oh and on a more personal note- why don't you have lip smacker listed they have lip balm and gloss- i <3 the jello ones!!!

5:02 PM  
Blogger JavaJive said...

I didn't know they had Jello ones- sounds intriguing. Lipsmackers is just one in a long list- we'll get to it, I swear. Or better yet- why don't you do a review and send it in to us?

5:16 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

It's brand new... really cool. Loads of flavors..kinda crappy glide though... more later have to find it so i can give a better review :)

5:35 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

I love neutrogena chapstick! I am shocked others don't agree? It is the only chapstick I can use when my lips are chapped or dry. Everything else burns or makes my lips worse off. I recommend this chapstick to everyone I know.

9:09 PM  
Blogger theotherworldly said...

OMG I hate this lip balm. I'm not kidding. After my first application I noticed that on the tube it indicated to contact a Poisons control center if ingested (something like that). I completely flipped my shit! I had just licked mah lips! It felt a little waxy and its tube was a little tough to twist. And it didn't save me from the mountain wind of New Zealand. So ... it's somewhere hidden in the house now.

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This used to my HG lip balm, but now I can't find it in Wal-Mart, Target, or anywhere! I miss it so much! It had this perfect, silky texture that always made my lips feel soft. It's also very shiny. If I didn't feel like using lip gloss, I would just apply this. I wish I could find it again.

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home