Sunday, January 14, 2007

Softlips: Vanilla


Softlips was the first lip balm I used in middle school once I realized that regular old chapstick wasn't cool. It was a step between chapstick and lip stick. I remember while at a school dance my friends and I all applied in the bathroom while all the "cool" girls were dancing with under-developed boys to Bryan Adam's Everything I Do (y'know, that song from Robin Hood). Sigh. At least now I'm trill.

Price: $2.49ish

Appearance: It's adorable. Long, slim, with the word Softlips perfectly scripted across the tube. Despite this brand reminding me of middle school, this stick is modern and has kept up with the times.

Glide:
Superb. The thinness of this stick keeps the application in a small concentrated area, not allowing for any overflow of balm.

Flavor/Smell:
A quality vanilla scent that conjures up images of sleepovers, cookie dough, the BSC and 90210. Not in an overly sweet way, but in a sweet nostalgia sorta way.

Lasting Power:
Hours.

Product Plusses: SPF 20, no animal products used, and no gluten (a plus for those that consider that an allergen).

4.80 out of 5 tubes

Softlips is definitely working the young lady crowd. Their site features a few pictures of college girls competing in contests such as Prettiest Pucker, Hottest Lips, and Most Perfect Pout.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Chaptastics,

Long-time reader, first-time commenter. Quick question: as we approach Valentines Day, can you recommend some hot 'n sexy chapsticks that can keep my lips smooth and supple, ready for all the hard work they'll be doing, while at the same time looking great? Also, have you come across any chapsticks that double as herpes blockers? That would be awesome!

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to learn the definition of "trill," which actually makes a lot of sense when used to describe new yorker contributor calvin trillin. he be trillin.

12:03 PM  
Blogger LJP said...

I have just discovered this one. Good for taking on my walks!!

7:54 PM  
Blogger Priestess~Harper said...

Ahh, one of my favourite sticks. Pity we can't get all the other ones you mention over here in the UK . . .

10:39 AM  
Blogger The Glitterati said...

OMG! BSC! Stacey rulz, she was a child of divorce and had diabetes yo. Those are some heavy issues being delt with there.

12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree w/ The Glitterati above. word. Claudia was always my fave though...and Maryanne b/c she had Logan as a BF.

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the cherry flavor is also delish.

11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always find that any of the softlips flavors end up smelling funky after the 1st couple of uses.... like an old cheese after-smell... so then I'm grossed out by them.

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your site and the reviews. If you're already doing this on other products, then forget what I'm about to say, but it would be nice and helpful to also see an ingredients list in your reviews and where to buy info. Hope that helps and thanks!

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like this, but I don't agree about the applicator size. I have to apply it back and fourth about a thousand times because it's so small. But I love the vanilla scent. There are waaaay too many vanilla lip balms that smell fake and just plain gross. Like bad cookie dough. There's one vanilla lip balm that was even better in terms of moisture, application and smell (unfortunately, not price- I got it at Healthways and it was about $7. But maybe it's less somewhere else.). It's Shea Butter Vanilla Lip Balm by Global Natural Products. The web site on the applicator is www.modedevie.com. And I love your site, by the way!

7:13 PM  
Anonymous c world said...

Cool! I'd been keeping my eye on that so now I will definitely buy some! I love the scent of vanilla. It's sooooooooooo soothing. Could you pleeeeeeaaaase write a review on Palladio plum 'n' shine lip gloss. I know it's lip gloss, but it's awesomely shiny and smells like vanilla.

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home