Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Site We've Been Diggin': BlueQ


Ever think, when you're using your reliable standy-by stick, that you kind of wish it had a bit more personality? A bit more sass? A bit more irony goodness? Well you can find such quirky balms in the "miscellaneous" sections of places like Tower Records or Spencer's (although isn't everything Spencer's sells miscellaneous?) or Urban Outfitters, but the best place to find them is online at BlueQ.


The self-proclaimed "manufacturers of life-improving, joy-bringing, mind-altering, universally-praised products" make and sell all sorts of personal care products, apparel, and other items with names like Get Real, Total Bitch, Wash Away Your Sins and Virgin/Slut, presumably so you can be/do all the aforementioned things in the privacy of your own home or subtly insult your friends. They also sell great non-petroleum lip balms like Balls , Plain and Thimble and my favorite, the peppermint schnapps-flavored Minty Freakin Mullet. Check 'em out.

3 Comments:

Blogger The App Goddess said...

I know, these look oh so cute. But that's how they get ya. Great pacakages for crappy products. I bought some Dirty Girl lip balm on markdown at Marshall's (from $8 to $2) - I thought my lips were going to explode. I've also tried various other , washes, powers and scrubs from their other "lines". All I can say is "Meh".

The site is fantastic. The products, not so much.

10:30 PM  
Blogger JavaJive said...

That's true. I got the Miso Pretty and I kind of wish I hadn't opened it. The packaging really is cute, but too bad the quality doesn't match.

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Idem!
I've LaLaLand and Birthday Cake...much more cute than useful or yummy...too bad :(

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home