Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Chaptas-Tip! Excess Lip Balm

You may have noticed by now that we're not the biggest fans of in-tin lip balms. We've reviewed a bunch and have generally favorable things to say about them, but the logistics of using a potted balm (bulky in jeans, residue on finger, possible tin-edge injuries) never appealed to us.

But you, our dear readers, have suggested a solution for at least one of these matters. Naomi writes:

You may have already heard of this tip, but here it is. When using a lipbalm in a tin or pot, there is always the question of what to do with the excess balm residue remaining on the balming finger. What I do is massage the excess balm into my cuticles, where it does a chaptastic job of protecting from winter dryness and cracking of cuticles. It also adds a slight, attractive sheen to bare nails.

Excellent tip. Got one of your own?

5 Comments:

Blogger The Glitterati said...

Whoo hoo, Naomi's tip is super! If you have horrible split ends or frizzies, you can also rub some balm into the ends of your hair to calm them down. It works as a static-cowlick tamer in a pinch too (damn wool hats!). Those of us rocking the Brook Sheilds look can use clear balm to tame unruly brows if needed.

10:22 PM  
Blogger scrappy said...

you guys are brilliant. keep the tips coming!

7:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I smear it on to be zits and pimples, sounds yucky I know but it works great (though slow) and it doesn't make your skin dry (surprise surprise) like soap or thoothpast would.

I'm not sure if this works with every lipbalm but it works with every the body shop lip balm in tins I've ever had and I've had about seven or eight

10:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I use leftovers on my brows- I absolutely hate unruly brows!

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this USEFUL post :D

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home