Thursday, July 20, 2006

Cococare Cocoa Butter, Take Two

To follow up on my esteemed colleague's review of Cococare Cocoa Butter, I'd like to share my experience with the stick.

Cococare Cocoa Butter (um, could that name be any more of a pain in the ass to type? no.) lives in my snowboarding jacket. For the past three winters I have kept this stick in my pocket year round, just to use on the slopes.

Each year, pretty much every session on the snow goes something like this:
  • get on chairlift
  • freak out that I forgot chapstick
  • search pockets frantically, while whomever I'm with panics that I'm going to tip us off the chairlift
  • find Cococare Cocoa Butter in one of the 8,000 pockets my jacket has
  • take mittens off, almost drop them
  • open stick
  • become disgusted by the smell and think about dropping it
  • realize that I couldn't make it through the day without chapstick
  • apply
  • wipe most off
  • complain
It works in a crisis situation, but it just plain old sucks. I will agree with the verdict of 2 out of 5 tubes.

P.S. That's my white Never Summer Infinity board up there. Isn't it beautiful?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

NS boards rock! Try Dermatone (sold in most ski shops) for snow days. I swear by it.

1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home