Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Find It: Mystery Balm

Reader Cyla wrote to us, poetry style (or maybe that's my email's bad formatting), for help with identifying her mystery lip balm:

i was wondering about a chapstick.
i've had this one for about a year and this is by far
my favorite.
but after sooo much usage, it's running low.
people call it my gluestick because it has
an orange cap and orange twist at the bottom.
but the problem is, the wrapper is off.
it's a little shorter than the average
Chapstick and a little chubbier.
and the cap has ridges.
have you seen one similar?
the glide is a little oily, but it
lasts long, and its tropical,
pineapple-ish.
help would be greatly appreciated.

Any of you crazy lip balm hoarders out there have a clue for our brand name-less damsel in distress? Leave it in the comments...


UPDATE: Lip balm detective Jessica has identified Cyla's mystery balm as Lypsyl, which has apparently undergone radical image changes because I'm working on a review for that same brand and my tube looks completely different.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What color is the tube now that the wrapper is gone? I would guess it's some sort of Lip Smacker- lip smackers labels wear off, and then you're left with a colored top and twist (my tube minus label is silver; yours may be white...)

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's not lip smackers, i was thinking hawaiian tropic or banana boat, but i wasn't sure.

wow, don't i feel special!

and i write like that.

sorry.! :D

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alba Botanica's Pineapple Quench is the first thing that came to mind.

12:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no, but! i will
try that.
thanks~

3:35 PM  
Blogger jessica said...

It's Lypsyl: here's a picture: http://hardtofindbrands.com/images/Lypsyl-00700_small.jpg

I can't remember where I got mine -- Walmart I think?

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA! i was at the store,
and bought a different type
of this brand, but you're SO right!!
wow, this makes my day.
thank you SOOOO much!


wow, i just can't get over
this.!!!! ~*

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home