Monday, November 26, 2007

Guest Post! Blistex Lip Medex

I don't know about you, but my lips are turning into sandpaper in this cold, dry winter air. What can bring relief? Today's poster is Melissa, who found us through Glamour's beauty blog. Fancy! Take it away, Melissa:

Chapstick is pretty much my addiction. I have gone through tubes upon pots upon sticks of every kind of lip remedy. I'm only 19, but I've probably gone through enough different kinds of chapstick to be considered 75. Basically, I have found my "holy grail" if you will, of a lip smoother, de-chapper, and all-around amazing product. It is in a heavenly blue pot, and it is called Blistex Lip Medex.

Here is a rundown of my fav chapstick:

Price: Usually around $1.49, depending on what drugstore you frequent

Appearance: I love the blue tub. It's a little bulky, but IT'S WORTH IT.

Glide: It's perfect. You have to use your finger, but once you put it on, it's like your lips died and went to heaven.

Flavor/Smell: Here's where people might have a bit of a problem with Lip Medex. It's definitely a menthol-y flavor and smell, definitely not something to wear if you're on a first date. But the product smooths and soothes my lips so well that it's worth it to wear everyday. If you have someone to kiss, just wipe it off. got my boyfriend addicted to this stuff, so you know that it works if a guy likes it (they have the driest lips!).

Lasting Power:
It stays with you for a while, and it definitely hydrates chapped lips. I feel with most lip balms out there, your lips end up getting really greasy and waxy, and you end up needing to put more of the product on in about 20 minutes. Not so with Lip Medex. I usually don't have to reapply for at least 2 hours.

Product Pluses: Um, read above. It's so amazing. I usually put it on after a) I take a shower and I'm doing my hair or b) I just brushed my teeth. It's clear, and makes your lips look really shiny and healthy. And if you do have chapped lips, it WORKS.

My rating: 5 out of 5 tubes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

there's another tub chapstick by blistex--their daily conditioning treatment--that is in a light peachy-colored tub, and i think it actually works better than this lip medex...i love it!

2:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home