Friday, April 03, 2009

Chaptastic Q&A: Labello Change?

We don't know everything about lip balm even if it does look that way sometimes. Occasionally we post reader questions about mystery balms and the like, and we hope that you, dear reader, might have the answer. Today's question comes to us from Alex.

Just a loyal Labello user for years and years. I noticed the last time I was in Mexico and bought a tube it didn't go on nearly as smoothly as it had in the past. I tried a couple different tubes and yup...same problem. It's like the formula has hardened. My favorite chapstick!!! Ruined???? Have you heard this / do you have any info??

-Hardened


Dear Hardened...okay, we made up that Alex signed off as "hardened" (sounds kind of dirty anyhow) and actually we have no clue. The only Labellos I have are from a couple of years ago, and they're still pretty good.

Have any of you noticed a difference? Comment away and help solve this mystery!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That sounds a lot like the issue with Nivea Creme, which differs quite a lot depending on whether it was produced in Germany or Mexico. I suppose they might have done the same with their lip care products.
As I live in Austria, I've only used Labello produced in Germany, and the quality has been consistent ever since I started using lip balm 15 years ago.

1:46 AM  
Anonymous Susan said...

I agree with Amira, it depends on where the product was made.
Not really on topic, but I just bought a tub of their "Nivea Lip Care Light Kiss". One word - FANTASTIC! :)

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've only discovered Labello recently and I've always found that the glide was a bit too "thick" for my taste. It doesn't go on as smoothly as I would like it to and leaves a bit of white residue behind for the SPF 30 Labello.

1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home